Monday, February 27, 2012

Dope Writers - R. Kelly

Say what you will about R. Kelly in his personal troubles. But one thing remains, he is one of the most talented musicians of our time. R. Kelly is one of those people you just always hoped got it right. He seemed to always be struggling with his spirit and his flesh. I hope that in the wake of such the sudden death of Whitney Houston that many of us will start to choose the spirit.

This song really didn't stick to me until now. I don't think at the time it was released that I really even thought about it as a spiritual record. But in the wake of all the buzz with Whitney's death, I turned on the radio one day and this was playing. It just meant something completely different to me now. Just a beautiful record! And it was written by R. Kelly. I really wanted to hear him kill it at her funeral, but I understand he was emotional. I hope that one day I can hear a version of R. singing this. I feel like it meant a lot for him to do this song with Whitney.

Anyway, Check it out here.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

here is R kelly version

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Zig5YIAk9I

Ashley said...

Wow. Thank you for posting that link. Definitely an amazing talent in R. Kelly.

Anonymous said...

My pleasure! R kelly is the truth...