Thursday, March 8, 2012

I was just thinking ...


“...even if you're doing what you love, there will be times when you don't want to do it anymore, wish you could take a break, or otherwise just get a little tired of it. That's completely normal, and don't let it convince you you're on the wrong track.”

This is a quote that was shared me by my good friend and co-worker Caitlin Vivian and it couldn’t be more on point.  Sometimes I feel like I clearly will never find that one thing that is just satisfying all the time. The best thing about this quote is that it can be applied in all areas of your life. Whether it’s your career, relationship, whatever … sometimes you just aren’t going to want to do it. But how often do we take that as a signal to quit? Being great at anything quite frankly takes a lot of work! I have to remind myself that while pursuing my songwriting endeavors. This business is so not for the faint at heart. When people say you will hear a lot of NOs before that special YES … it’s TRUE! But I know that when I complete a song, my soul smiles. It’s a feeling that I am willing to strive for the rest of my life. We work at jobs for the security and healthcare, but the love of something is what makes it all worth it. I know that I can’t continue to work a “job” for the rest of my life because without the love I’m sure I will be quitting for the rest of my life. With love comes endurance and this quote is a great affirmation of that. 

No comments: